Quintana Resources Holdings LP is a metals and mining investment holding company with headquarters in Houston, Texas, USA and a satellite office in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Its main focus is twofold: (i) own and operate mines globally on a selective basis; and (ii) provide flexible capital to producing or near-term producing mines in the global metals and mining industry. The company is managed by a dedicated team of highly experienced and accomplished metals and mining professionals.
Quintana Minerals Corporation
Quintana Resources is a member of the Quintana Minerals Corporation group of companies. Quintana Minerals Corporation was originally formed as the mining division of Quintana Petroleum Corp. in 1963, where it embarked on an active campaign of exploring, developing and operating precious and base metals and industrial mineral mining projects throughout the Americas for almost 25 years. In 1986, the group refocused its strategy to primarily acquiring properties and leasing them to various operators in exchange for royalty payments.
Today Quintana Minerals Corporation is the management company for a large portfolio of energy and natural resources-based private and publicly-traded companies and private equity funds controlled by the Robertson family. The Robertson/Cullen family has successfully operated and invested in the energy and natural resources sectors on a global basis for 4 generations and holds a legacy of fair dealings during these last 100 years.
The following are a few examples of other Quintana group-related ventures:
- GP Natural Resource Partners LLC, the controlling general partner of Natural Resource Partners L.P., a publicly-traded royalty-based MLP (NYSE: NRP)
- Great Northern Properties L.P., the largest private coal owner in the US, holding over 20 billion tons of coal reserves
- Corsa Coal Corp., a publicly-traded, growth-oriented junior mining company producing premium quality metallurgical, thermal and industrial coal (TSXV:CSO)
- Quintana Shipping Ltd., the group’s 2nd dry bulk shipping venture with 14 owned and operated vessels recently acquired by Golden Ocean Group
- Quintana Energy Partners L.P., a private equity firm with 2 funds and ~$1 billion under management at its peak
- LKCM Headwater Investments, a private equity firm with 2 funds and >$1 billion directly and indirectly under management
- Quintana Infrastructure & Development LLC, a private company that owns and operates power and midstream and other infrastructure-related assets and companies
- Quintana Energy Services, a publicly-traded, growth-oriented company providing a wide range of completion, production and drilling services to onshore E&P customers operating in unconventional resource plays and conventional basins throughout the U.S. (NYSE:QES)